Clients, prospects and influencers are always asking something of us, the market and their teams and generally it’s about what they want and need.
I heard this in every aisle of the recent PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando and those conversations reminded me of the value of The Asking Formula.
The formula works whether you are asking for something from your customers, influencers, employees, partners, vendors and even your kids:
- Big, exciting and rewarding projects.
- Endorsements of your product or service.
- Team dedication and devotion to your company’s mission and success.
- Seamless, efficient and effective working partnerships.
- Best service, product quality, pricing and profits.
- Clean family room after your son’s buddies come over.
The Asking Formula is a simple and potent system created by John Baker and presented in his book – The Asking Formula – Ask For What You Want And Get It.
The book features an insightful and inspirational fable about a window washer teaching his consultant customer how to take a new and successful approach to getting business – His Asking Formula. My coach Julie Colbrese of Hot Coffee Coaching recommended the book and gave me my copy. Thanks, Julie.
The Asking Formula makes so much sense that I have begun using it when planning and running prospecting and client meetings as well as on many other personal and professional occasions. Practicing the formula makes it perfect. AND it is a flexible formula to match any challenge or opportunity.
The Asking Formula is as simple as these six steps. These are the business answers I use for my marketing coaching, strategy and consulting business (get out a pen and pad or your laptop and try this):
- Know What You Want – to be your trusted source for marketing.
- Ask – I am asking to be your marketing coach, strategist and consultant.
- Show – case studies, testimonials and an initial assessment. I ASK lots of questions rather than present features and benefits.
- Best Reasons
- I have been in your shoes facing marketing chaos.
- I now have marketing clarity and confidence.
- I have seen a lot and can get success fast in any industry.
- I consider your problem as personal to you.
- I have no preconceived solutions or cookie cutter approaches.
- STOP TALKING
- I, not a huge and faceless conglomerate, work for you.
- I make the decisions.
- I own your problem and solutions.
- I am not finished until you are satisfied.
- I start with a simple, no-frills conversation to see if we fit.
- If there’s no fit now, I move on.
- You will enjoy working with me.
- I am honest, always curious, fair and relentless in attaining success.
Can you imagine using this formula in your content, influencer, digital and social media marketing? It works.
What is your system for asking what you need and want from clients, prospects, vendors and partners and kids?
Want to know how to ask and answer more powerful marketing questions and build a more effective marketing strategy, take this simple assessment and let’s talk.
Subscribe to our posts via RSS