Joe always give smart, simple and enlightening insight and ideas about producing killer or what some people call rich content.
No matter what product you are selling, Joe recommends that you follow these six principles to ensure powerful content that positions your brand as a fully engaged expert and friend within your business category:
- Fill a need — your content should answer some unmet need of or question for your reader.
- Be consistent — success is based on consistency. That means whether publishing a monthly magazine or daily e-mail. Content needs to be delivered always on time and as expected. This is where so many content strategies fall.
- Be human – Discover your voice and share it. If your brand or company is about you were, share that all over. If it’s a bit sarcastic, that’s appropriate.
- Have a point of view — you’re not delivering encyclopedia content and you are not giving history report. Don’t be afraid to take sides on matters that can position you and your company as an expert. People appreciate that.
- Ditch the “sales speak” — the more you talk about yourself, the less people will value your content.
- Be best-of-breed –– this takes time, and the goal for your content is to be best-of-breed. For your content niche, what you are distributing is the very best of what is found and is available. If you expect your readers to spend time with your content, you must deliver them amazing value.
Joe founded and runs the Content Marketing Institute that consistently fills a need in a human, not “sales speaky.” Hope we don’t get rained out of Butler we miss the rain that Butler They are the best of breed.
Sounds easy? It is and be faithful to these principles will produce killer and rich content.
Want to get some content marketing inspiration, check out NewsCred’ s rundown of 2017’s top content marketing brands including brands like Warby Parker, Patagonia, Dove and Cleveland Clinic. These all offer inspiration for every brand and company of every size.
So, consider these smaller businesses that use content marketing to huge success and rewards.
What principles do you follow to produce and distribute powerful content?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS