So why does your competitors’ or even your friend’s content get shared and yours doesn’t?
Here’s some helpful guidelines from a recent New York Times study — The Psychology of Sharing – Why Do People Share Online. The survey involved 2,500 online sharers, a one-week immersion sharing panel and in-person interviews.
The category segmentation for sharing information included:
- Retail and fashion
The key guidelines for getting content shared across categories like:
- Appeal to consumers’ motivations to connect with each other not just with your brand.
- Trust is the cost of entry for getting shared.
- Keep it simple and it will get shared and it won’t get muddled.
- Appeal to their sense of humor.
- Embrace a sense of urgency.
- Getting your content shared is just the beginning.
- Email is still #1.
So what guidelines are you following to get your content get shared?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS