I’ve been a big fan of the CMO’s guide to the social landscape for years.
The 2015 guide reports that today’s marketers are charged with influencing more of the customer journey than ever before. And social media marketing must match the overall customer experience and play a critical roles in these stages:
- Creating brand awareness
- Influencing the hidden sales cycle
- Enabling social selling
- Maximizing post-sale customer service
- The top-of-the-funnel awareness
- Social selling
- Social customer care
It also organizes them by the state of social media, rising trends and key strategies.
This is the first of a three-part series on the guide and discusses top-of-the-funnel awareness and provides ideas on to capitalize on these trends.
State of Social Media
- Hidden Sales Cycle — prospects are using social media to self-educate and guide their discovery and evaluation process. Not there yet? Check out this Oracle whitepaper for simple and powerful ideas.
- Awareness + Branding — social channels are a conduit to position your brand as an authority and thought leader. SmartBugMedia shows you how in this post.
- Multichannel Strategy — 70% of marketers are using seven channels to target customers in cross-channel campaigns.
- Mobile Drives Social Adoption — as of January 2014, 74% of online adults are using social networking sites. This is being largely driven by mobile.
- Leaders Are Taking Advantage — best-in-class companies see 230% more marketing-generated leads acquired through social media marketing, an indicator that social as a lead source is attainable
- Measure — integrate data from social with existing marketing channels, processes, and systems. This Econsultancy post reveals some smart ways to measure with great examples from diverse brands like Ikea, Crème Egg and Onken Yogurt.
- Listen — identify the right social media channels for your audience. This convince and convert post talks about how to do this for brands as diverse as sodas and cloud computing services.
So how are you and your brands using social media marketing to build the important top-of-the-funnel awareness?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS