10 Strong Guidelines for Leadership
What is leadership? Many of us have experienced good, powerful leaders. Regretfully, we've also experienced those who aren't good leaders.
- Integrity – do not have two agendas, there is only one way, the straight way.
- Setting a tone – the leader's intensity determines the organization's intensity.
- Maximizing the organization's intellect – be open and spread goodwill.
- People first, strategy second – great strategies need great leaders.
- Informality – make sure everyone counts. Titles do not matter.
- Self-confidence – have the courage to be open. Be comfortable in your own skin.
- Passion – intensity covers sins. Leaders care.
- Stretch – reach for more than you thought possible.
- Celebrations – energize your organization. Be sure teams have fun accomplishing goals.
- Appraisals all the time – everyone knows where she or he stands.
My favorites are stretching, integrity and setting the tone. I know all these powerful guidelines will add to your leadership assets.
Macali’s Enterprise newsletter regularly shares strategy, marketing, communication and social media ideas that add value to your business. Subscribe free for regular advice, ideas and insights at http://eepurl.com/dERMM.