Marketing and PR strategies and tactics have changed forever.
I have seen the start and evolution of these rules for years and it’s always valuable to be reminded of them and their value.
Here are seven of the 15 rules in part one of this post:
- Marketing is more than just advertising. Today’s marketing is all about story, storytelling, conversation, listing and metrics or what I call STAR.
- PR is for more than just the mainstream media audience. From a holistic viewpoint, brands need two distinct, yet complementary types of communications. Blended data-driven analytical marketing practices and creative PR designs are the power pair that makes a solid impression and getting customers moving into the funnel.
- People want participation (or engagement); not propaganda. It’s all about creating and fostering an emotional connection. Consider these engagement strategies.
- Instead of causing one-way interruption, marketing is about delivering content at just the precise moment that your audience needs and wants it. Check out these 10 strategies for powerful content. I love these simple guidelines or rulesfollow three simple rules: practical, entertaining and action-driven.
- Marketers must shift their thinking from mainstream marketing to the masses to a strategy of reaching vast numbers of underserved audiences through the internet.
- PR is not about your boss seeing your company on TV. It’s about your buyer seeing your company on the web.
- The internet has made public relations public again, after years of almost exclusive focus on media.
How are you and your team using these new rules to improve your marketing and drive growth?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS