In today’s market, where interrupting ads are declining and social media is surging, content marketing has emerged a powerful marketing strategy.
Recently, Rapt Media surveyed marketing experts to better understand these four content marketing topics:
- Content creation challenges
- Content creation priorities
- Content data and ROI accountability
- Content technology investments
The survey revealed these key findings:
- 83% say developing content that’s personalized enough is their biggest challenge.
- 94% say better content tech is key to creating content that’s personalized and engaging.
- 81% say increased engagement is key to securing content tech investment.
- 77% say linking performance data with content is not important.
- 86% say they are not held accountable for business metrics from content they produce.
While I might disagree on performance data and accountability metrics, I suggest that marketers will benefit by paying attention to these important values of content marketing:
- Assures that it informs, educates, entertains. Intrigues or inspires.
- Shows how to make the reader richer, smarter, simpler, easier, faster, cooler, happier, safer or healthier.
- Adds value by advising, amazing or uniting.
- Uses these KPIs for content marketing in some form.
- Appreciates that content marketing is a two-way, interactive effort.
What are your content marketing challenges and how are you addressing them?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS