So why is sharing so important?
A recent Meltwater Whitepaper Listen Up claims these are six valuable reasons that sharing should get marketers’ attention:
- The number of people your content is going to be exposed to is now exponential.
- People are more likely to pay attention to content from a person they’re following intentionally.
- It’s very likely that a lot of the folks in your social communities are also on your email lists.
- As much as “impressions” are a soft metric, they are a real one: an impression is what leads to awareness, and awareness is the first step on the customer path to a purchase.
- You have no way of knowing where your audience is on the sales funnel. What you do know is that the more people you shepherd into the top of it (awareness), the more will make the happy trip down to the bottom (purchase).
- The more people see your offer, the more people are going to click on it.
So, Meltwater so wisely feels that social media marketers will benefit from mastering the art of the social conversation. AND That mastery of the social conversation starts and ends with listening. More to follow in future posts.
So how important do you think these reasons are to your sharing goals and strategies?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS