Is the Tiger Woods’ brand losing relevance?
Any brand’s relevance is based on the ACE formula of Awareness, Credibility & Energy.
Tiger nails two of the three components:
- His awareness ranks high among athletes — almost 99% to LeBron’s 57%.
- His credibility has been solid – he won five times in 2013 and was named 2013 Player of the Year.
Unfortunately, Tiger’s brand is losing energy, which can be a slippery slope to irrelevance.
Here are four things he can do to counter the loss:
- Be healthy – Tiger can show us how to stay fit through his Tiger-Nike training fitness plan. It must be miraculous to get him through three rounds last week. Golfers would flock to this chance to get stronger.
- Have fun – now more than ever Tiger needs to have more fun like he and Rory had in their famous Nike No Cup Is Safe commercial. I also like the way Nike is dressing him in robust colors.
- Show some personality or just smile – Tiger smiled often at this pre-WGC Cadillac tournament news conference. Like his game in his prime, that smile is unbeatable.
- Promote real legacy – 14 majors are a golf legacy but that Tiger Woods Learning Centers and Scholars testify to a real-life legacy.
What is your brand doing to stay relevant?
Subscribe to our posts via RSS