David talks about these benefits of Real-Time MPR including:
1. Connecting with customers— citing Charmin's Sit and Squat IPhone app to find public toilets around the world.
2. Creating products — he described how the Dead (derivative of Grateful Dead) uses Twitter, Iphone apps to sell CDS and merchandise immediately after concerts.
4. Tapping the crowd — Kodak named its new underwater, video camera Playsport based on crowd sourcing for new names.
5. Engaging the media— media like wsj.com offer the chance to know and then the ability to contact media about stories in progress.
6. Managing crisis – he described a power law which indicates that the most opportune time for action is when a crisis happens not later. Later = listening to your message drops. My idea that news will fill the vacuum. He cited success of Clinton-Bush Haiti relief fundraising as a real-time crisis support success.
And he suggests that to grow your opportunities in real time, you will benefit from:
1. Appoointing a Chief Real Time Officer, who is in charge of RT opportunities and challenges.
2. Implementing a Real-Time system of monitoring and responding to customers, employees. media, etc.
And finally, be sure to subscribe to David's blog in real time or now, if you prefer.
Subscribe to our posts via RSS