Phil Mickelson just won one of the most entertaining Masters ever. So, if you're Callaway marketers how can you take advantage of this in social media today?
How about using my 5Cs social media success formula: connect, community, conversation, currency and campaign to create these ideas:
1. Running a "Go for it ?" poll on the Callaway Facebook fan page— "Should Phil have gone for it on 13?" The first 272 entries (Phil's winning score) will receive a Phil Mickelson autographed commemorative Masters hat or Callaway headcover.
2. Asking golfers who won a new Callaway driver through the Golfsmith promotion to send a "Here's My First Drive!" photo to a Flckr Callaway fan photo page. Then engage them in a golf photo taking tips conversation with a famous golf and sports event photographer.
3. Launching a "Love Lefties" community on Ning or align with local left handed golfer groups to support and encourage all lefthanded golfers. Some groups have just started on Facebook like the Michigan Lefthanded Golfers Association who could use a boost and expose Callaway to many more passionate golfers in Michigan and the Midwest.
4. Reinforcing its connection with breast cancer support groups by increasing Callaway's support based on every major Phil wins, and matching every donation during the months he wins a major. Promote this extensively on all cancer support pages. (Phil's other partners Barclay's, KMPG and ExxonMobil) can assist too.
5. Phil chats to Callaway's Facebook fans for an hour this week. The best question (voted on by Fan Pages), get's a year supply of Callaway golf balls. Or how about hosting this chat on YouTube like President Obama did.
Sound like fun and great ideas to build Callaway's social media presence, fan support and business. Congratulations Callaway and Phil, and let's get to work on leveraging this golf marketing success now.
Subscribe to our posts via RSS